On Fri, 10 Oct 2003, graywolf wrote:

> Unfortunately Pentax no longer fills up warehouses before shipping. They
> tend to sell faster than the dealers can get them. How many Pentax
> digitals do you have in stock, Chris? How long do they sit around the
> store? Now, tell us, where is your store again (grin)?

Man, I'd love if that were true around these parts.  We almost always have
Pentax digital p&s's in stock, and they don't sell that quickly at all.
I'm one of the few salespeople here who likes them enough to bother
showing them to customers on a regular basis.  Many people prefer to take
the easy way and show models that they're a little more familiar with.  So
hey... if you're looking for one...  ;)

> I think that Pentax's market share in P&S digitals if somewhat beyond
> their production capacity. That is called a seller's market, it is a
> nice place for a manufacturer to be.

I have no idea if this is true or not, but I'd love it to be.

chris