I think the question was about the *ist film camera. I haven't played with one, but I did recently pick up an MZ-5n (ZX-5n). The advantages to the MZ/ZX-5n would be its compatability with all K-mount (and screwmount) lenses and its classical interface, much like an autofocus combo between the MX and Super Program.

From what I've seen, the ZX-5n fetches quite a bit on the used market, as it is recognized as being the top-of-the-line ZX series camera with its spotmetering, bracketing, TTL flash, etc. I know the MZ-3 is even higher spec'd (and its prices reflect that), but it is rarely found in North America, it seems.

Joe