MZ-3 = ZX/MZ-5n (+ 1/4000 - 2s)(on dial). Great camera but then so is the 5n.

At 11:51 AM 10/10/03, you wrote:
Hi Joe...

What's an MZ-3? Must be a European designation?
Discontinued now?

Never mind. I always do this. Visit Google.com, and find out all I need
to know...
The MZ-3 is not available in the U.S. - it is essentially ["all the
features of"] the MZ-5n, but with shutter speeds of 1/4000 and a flash
synch of 1/125 sec.

keith whaley

Joe Wilensky wrote:

> I think the question was about the *ist film camera. I haven't played
> with one, but I did recently pick up an MZ-5n (ZX-5n). The advantages
> to the MZ/ZX-5n would be its compatability with all K-mount (and
> screwmount) lenses and its classical interface, much like an
> autofocus combo between the MX and Super Program.
>
>  From what I've seen, the ZX-5n fetches quite a bit on the used
> market, as it is recognized as being the top-of-the-line ZX series
> camera with its spotmetering, bracketing, TTL flash, etc. I know the
> MZ-3 is even higher spec'd (and its prices reflect that), but it is
> rarely found in North America, it seems.

[. . .]

I drink to make other people interesting.
-- George Jean Nathan