On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, Bucky wrote:
> I have  question about this photo - there are several spines on that flower
> that are completely blown out for long stretches.  I've downloaded it and
> checked it out with the Curves tool in Photoshop.  Have you noticed that
> this is a problem with the camera?  I could imagine a few specular
> highlights, but this seems excessive.

The lighting in that picture is tricky, the spines that are blown out were
in full sunlight while the rest of the flower was in the shade.  This
was shot in the late afternoon sun and that is behind a tree so only
some light was filtering through the tree.

I probably should have under exposed it a little.

Since I was using an A lens this was shot with center weighted metering
so I don't see how it could be a problem with the camera.

alex