On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 17:33:36 -0600, William Robb wrote:

> I can't actually verify it with my own little eyes, is that the
> fine JPEG save is pretty much indistinguishable from RAW.

As long as I can still do the manipulations I can foresee needing to
do, without going nuts, or spending more time than I'm spending
scanning and cleaning film images on the CanoScan, that's fine by me.

> I haven't a clue as to the dump speed. I use a USB2 card reader which
> seems quick enough. I bought it after getting tired of how slow my G1
> downloaded.

I should have been clearer.  I didn't mean dumping them through the
camera's USB port, because I expected that to be as slow as molasses in
the winter.  What I actually meant was doing a big "XCOPY" from the CF
into the computer using a card reader (IDE or SCSI, not USB).

TTYL, DougF KG4LMZ