> The refresh rate is 60Hz. I don't know if that's high or low.

That's low.  Minimum specs for workplace monitors in some parts
of the EU is 72hz. I have my home monitor set to 85Hz.

60Hz with a low-persistence phosphor will cause flicker. Even
worse is if you are using the system in a workspace that is lit
by fluorescent lights; the flicker of the lights and the flicker
of the monitor combine to make things very unpleasant.

If your monitor and display card can handle a higher refresh
rate, try it - you'll thank yourself for it later.