Me too.  Way I read it, he is saying that digital will get there, but
that it has a looong way to go - which is in total contrast with what
the marketing machines tell us!

Digital is sold as the answer to everybodies problems, but it introduces
probably more problems than it solves.

I have to agree, despite having just bought the *istD.  Film was easier
to get better results, just took longer to get them.