On 23 Oct 2003 at 16:08, Keith Whaley wrote:

> In my opinion, it should be closer to 72 Hz.
> Mine performs well at that speed.
>
> 60 Hz is right at the edge of being a visible flicker...

The frequency of the light emanating from a back lit LCD is many times the
display refresh rate unlike a CRT plus LCD pixels are relatively slow to change
states so lower screen refresh rates are possible.

Visibility is a function of text to background contrast ratio, ambient lighting
and screen resolution. It not sufficient to say white text on a black
background is just bad design.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998