[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>  that tells us that the end product is not the negative, or the digital
>  file, but the print.

So I recently bought 2 digital cameras.  One was for the 24 year old son.  He
and his new wife are getting a puppy.  They wanted a better digital than she
had to take pictures of the dog.  (He pointed out that her family regularly
takes pictures of their dog.  Just snapshots, but still rolls and rolls, week in
and week out of the damned dog.  He wants to avoid the expense.)

The other camera is for my daughter's 19th birthday.  We visited her last
weekend in college and she complained about the price of developing her prints in
Washington DC.  She is my best photographer and enjoys taking pictures.

The point is, both kids are computer literate and equipped with cd writers.
They don't need to print everything they take.  They don't need to keep it
all, but they can.  The digital stuff is just fine for them.  They will make
their own prints.

And I am still a committed film user...

Regards,  Bob S.