> The MV has very limited viewfinder info,  red for overexposure, green for
> "ok" and amber for underexposure.  It's ok for quick snaps with a 50mm lens

That's pretty much my opinion.  The ME was a good, solid, aperture-priority
camera.  If you want a camera that could be used in manual mode as well then
the ME Super offered that.  I used to own both of those cameras as companions
to my MX, until eventually they got replaced by a Super Program (still pretty
much an M-body camera, but with shutter priority and full program modes).

I never saw any reason to buy an MG, or an MV, or any of the other M-bodies.
They didn't offer any compelling new features, and they just didn't feel as
robust as the MEs.  They *look* nice, but I'm more interested in looking
*through* my cameras than looking *at* them.

The ME was the only Pentax camera I ever sold (I lost the ME Super, but
that's another story).  I've still got the Super Program, and the old MX,
and even use them occasionally.  But the ME (and many of it's later stable-
mates) just don't give you enough information about what they are doing.