William Johnson wrote:

> The MV has very limited viewfinder info,  red for overexposure, green for
> "ok" and amber for underexposure.  It's ok for quick snaps with a 50mm lens
> or so (mine lives in my car with an M50/2 on it) but it's a chore with much
> of a telephoto lens, you don't know if you're getting 1/60 or 1/500, which
> makes a big difference with the longer lenses.  Yes, you can futz with the
> aperture until the amber or red light comes on and deduce the shutter speed
> for your desired aperture from there, but hardly an ideal situation.  Also,
> the build quality isn't up to the ME/MX level, the top is a fairly thin
> plastic.

If you are easy on camera bodies, like I am, no problem at all.
I don't treat them like I'm a war correspondent. <g>
So, plastic or not, if I simply recognize it's a very nice rudimentary
point and shoot, I can make it work that way.
It IS a nice camera. Simple is not bad...
Like you did, put a regular or wide angle lens on it, and learn to use
it as it is, you'll come to love it.
Especially the more sturdy MG!

keith