From: John Francis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 10-Nov-03 20:02
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: And now: the *ist D vs. the EOS 300D!

> I may not have been your claim, but it most certainly is your fabrication.
>
> Mr. Owens wrote is as follows: "I find ***L jpeg to be more than enough
for
> my use, and I don't use the Pentax software.  I import directly into
> Photoshop via PIM."
>
> I did not understand him to mean, nor is it reasonable to imply that he
> meant, that importing ***L jpg into PS is a panacea, only that it offers
> better results than using the bundled Pentax RAW-->jpg conversion
software.

And it's *precisely* that claim that I am questioning.

It may be true.  Or it may not be.  But it seems perfectly
reasonable to question this assumption, given the fact that
we know there some issues with the RAW-to-JPEG conversion
in Photo Laboratory.  We know that the in-camera conversion
seems to use a *different* algorithm.  But is it better?

Go ahead and nit-pick this to death again, if that's all
you can offer to the discussion.  It would be nice if you
could offer something useful instead, but I'm not hopeful.