Hi Brian,

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 10:11:10 -0800, Brian Dipert wrote:

>I've copied Ed and Dave on this posting...I believe that someone (John
>Francis?) mentioned that dcraw has some PEF limitations at the moment (white
>balance-related?). I'm sure they'd appreciate the clarification if someone
>more knowledgeable in this area could reply

I have looked at the DCRAW sources last week, and one part that is
missing for Pentax PEF format is reading the white-balance as set on
the camera and use that as a basis for the conversion.

At the moment DCRAW completely ignores that setting, so you have to
specify a specific white-balance correction on every image.
They use a "green-multiply" and a "blue-multiply" value for that.

So what is needed is some code that interprets the Pentax specific
white-balance camera settings, and translates that to the proper
multiply values for DCRAW.

But John Francis has been digging deeper into this stuff so I am
pretty sure he will have some more details ...

Regards, JvW

Jan van Wijk;   http://www.dfsee.com/gallery