If dollar signs are in your eyes in trial 3rd party scanning software,
try SilverFast.  The demo versions last forever, but they imprint your
final image with "SilverFast" emblazed on it several times.  You can
spend months deciding if you want to cough up the dough.

P Kong wrote:
That I'll agree with you. The user's guide could be more explanatory. Right now, I'm scanning only a couple of rolls to get the feel of the software. But it's a little disconcerting looking at the scan with dollar signs all over because I am using the trial software.

Pat in SF