The HP usb stuff was not supported by Linux until very recently. When I check a few months back they specifically said the S-20 and my usb CD-RW were not supported. Now they are (or at least I hope so, have not yet tried using them, at least they are found at start up). I would guess HP finally released the relevant data to the linux usb developers.