From: "Mark Stringer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2003 9:41 PM
Subject: RE: An observation re Pentax for sale

> Color did not replace B&W.  Bayonet mount did not replace screwmount.  Who
is going to want these used DSLR's in 5 years?  People still covet the LX.

> Despite the Nikon story, digital cameras are not going to replace point
and shoots.  My Nikon 885 has been on the blink for 2 months.  After $150
repair by Nikon it still does not work.  The average guy is not likely to
spend $400 on a point and shoot digital camera, repair it and then go spend
another $400 on another.