----- Original Message -----
From: "tom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, November 28, 2003 5:43 PM
Subject: RE: An observation re Pentax for sale

" Well, if you go digital, I would recommend you just offer digital
 proofing as your standard process. If they balk, offer the proof mag,
 or regular proofs for an extra fee."

Actually, I have been considering doing this even with film - just getting
the negs processed and offering the scans on cd as proofs.  Not sure
that it will always work around here though - as I said not everyone has
computers, and even less have internet access.

"As to the "highway robbery" reference...you aren't holding a gun to
> your prospect's heads. They know your pricing before they hire you,
> and they hire you because they think you're worth it. Higher fees are
> ok if you can get them - it means more money or less work, neither of
> which is a bad thing. This is a business after all..."

Yep, and that's why I am travelling to Brisbane so frequently (14 hour drive
or
2 hour flight), as down there people are much more willing to pay me decent
money.  I think that here in my home town, people don't value my work as
much
due to me being a "local", but it seems that the further away people are,
the more
they appreciate what I do!