Friends of a friend are off on vacation soon.  They want a small,
compact, pocketable digicam for their trip.  I was thinking that one of
the Optio cameras might work for them. Will it?  Here is their situation
and the requirements:

They are going on a six month trip to India,
Tibet, etc. and they want "an inexpensive
digital camera for the trip".

Since I know little about such a beast I am seeking some advice.

I think they only need good 4X6 prints.

Batteries should be easily available in
the Third World.

USB or other simple way to send pics with
email would be a good idea.

Memory storage media should be inexpensive,
high capacity, and for sale in
aforementioned Third World places.

Light weight and a minimum of accessories to
lose would be good too.