At 11:14 PM 3/20/01 -0600, you wrote:
>Well, I have received the F 100 2.8 macro and am enjoying it's
capabilities.  I have a question, though  There is a ring screwed into the
filter threads.  The ring an external groove around it like something
attaches to it.  The ring has no threads to attach a filter to.

desired

Those ore really 3 different lenses, the 24mm and 20mm are more different
than what you might think.  And the third is a zoom.  I would lean towards
the 24mm, unless you have a 28mm then maybe the 20mm because it's more
different.  Or the zoom is you don't think you'll need the speed of the
24mm or 20mm.

>2)  FA 50/1.7 - Already have this one.

No 50mm F1.4?  Shame on you :)

>3)  F or FA Macro 100/2.8 - F model to arrive in a couple of days.

Nice lens I hear.

>4)  FA* 80-200/2.8 - This is one I really want but rarely turns up used.
(probably because it is a good lens to have)  I haven't checked third party
options on this one but may to save a few $$$$.

That's an expensive lens, but very good.  You could get a slower lens and
save some money for other Pentax items.  I don't know anything about 3rd
party competitors for superfast telezooms.

>5)  A* 300/2.8 - Sure I'd like to have the FA* but it's way out of my
league price wise.  I've noticed some third party manufacturers have higher
photodo scores so I could go that way.

A* glass, can't go wrong with that :)

>6) A really good set of TCs (1.4x and 2.0x) - Either the short Pentax or
one of the 7 element thirdparty jobs.  Maintaining AF would be nice but not
mandatory.  Still need to do some research in this area or get some advice
from the PDML.

I don't know a thing about TC's, except that cheap Tempo branded ones STINK.

>7)  Two of the following bodies depending on my ultimate preference.
ZX-5n (Already have), PZ-1p or MZ-S (if I can get my hands on one to
evaluate).

You need a LX too, right Aaron?

>To help fund the above I recently sold an Albinar 80-200, have a P-3n on
ebay right now, and will probably be selling a Tamron 35-135/3.5-4.5, a
beseler 67cp enlarger with wet side equipment and maybe (bite my tongue)
the K-1000 I started with (don't hold your breath, I love the "click").

I would not sell the K1000, the money you would probably get (~$120) isn't
going to get you very far towards a lens like the FA* 80-200 F2.8.  Ditto
on the Tamron, the Albinar is a decent lens though.

>I'm not sufficiently enabled to go out right now and try to get all of
these and the longer I take the more chance I have to change my mind and
improve my plan but this is how it stands now.  At least I have a plan
(thanks to reading lots of PDML posts) and now I can bargain hunt for good
used equipment at minimum prices.

OK, just keep in mind that if you are not sure you should buy a peice of
Pentax equipment, we are more than happy to enable you to the point where
you'll buy two :)

Todd