I just got an Optio S and love it for its size & features.
Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shel Belinkoff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Vacation snaps with an Optio?

> I think they only need good 4X6 prints.
About 3 megs is more than enough, using the higher camera quality settings

> Batteries should be easily available in
> the Third World.
Using the flash all the time battery usage is high. Haven't shot much w/o
flash but I expect battery life will be much better. I have several
batteries for it and simply switch as needed. The are proprietary and
probably impossible to get in most places.

> USB or other simple way to send pics with
> email would be a good idea.
Software I got with my Optio includes panorama capability.

> Memory storage media should be inexpensive,
> high capacity, and for sale in
> aforementioned Third World places.
Bought extra SD cards (256MB for $79)

> Light weight and a minimum of accessories to
> lose would be good too.
Can't imagine a smaller lighter camera with the features the Optio has
(remember it fits in an Altoid tin).
Got my Optio for $319 @ B+H.