On 15 Dec 2003 at 19:34, Pieter Nagel wrote:

> However, the print you are left with is smaller. So you need to enlarge it
> more if you still want to end up with a 4x6 at the end. In the process,
> you enlarge the lens abberations too.
>
> My question was, do these two effects cancel out?

Only if the lens aberrations are linear in nature which often they are not.

Most often the aberrations are worse at the very edges so many lenses may seem
to perform better on the *ist D however the compromise is loss of angle of view
for any given lens (excepting the new D series of course).

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998