On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, Bruce Dayton wrote:
> My mistake.  I do believe that it is true of the printer though.  That
> is why the resolution of an Epson is 1440 dpi but the resolution that
> we really think of is 300 dpi.  This is due to dithering.

It is true of inkjet printers, but printer resolution is way above the
camera's sensor resolution when you are making 8x10 prints.  The
printer also doesn't have the same gradiations in tone that a pixel
(camera or display) does and the dithering process has nothing in
common with the bayer process used by cameras.

Other printers can print full color at each of their pixels.

alex