Bruce Dayton wrote:

> My local labs no longer do analog.  That means that my film is at a
> disadvantage.  It is subject to their scanner/software limitations.
> The only alternative is to scan and manipulate the images myself.

        Same here - and to make things even worse, they have their
        printing machinery set well into the lower scan resolutions
        in the intrest of fast turnaround. Haven't been able to get
        decent film printing locally for several years now. The 3week
        turnaround for quality "real" photofinishing from an excellent
        lab all the way across the North American continent has basicly
        quashed any income potential from the sort of photographic
        product I would want my name on. After years of "dumbing-down"
        of the potential client base to the acceptance of mediocrity,
        photography has been reduced to a lowest cost commodity - just
        as George Eastman hoped for years ago!     ;^)

        Bill

        Bill D. Casselberry ; Photography on the Oregon Coast

                                http://www.orednet.org/~bcasselb
                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]