Original Message - From Shel

> A new Pentax LX that is just like the old Pentax LX except with
> added spot metering, one stop faster shutter speed, and, possibly,
> automatic film advance. And no plastic, please.  IOW, a minor
> upgrade to a great retro camera.

        Seems to me as if the spotmeter capability could be built into
        a new LX finder assembly as done w/ the P67's. A deluxe magnifying
        finder w/ an optimal screen type and perhaps several selectable
        metering areas. Perhaps some sort of fiber-optics bundle to a
        single metering cell somewhere.

        Of course, being up in the finder instead of down in the body,
        a "cell on a stick" *could* be manually moved around to any part
        of the screen. It could be a very small one, causing minimal
        obstruction of the viewfinder image and it wouldn't block the
        actual image-making lightpath as the original Spotmatic design did.

        ... just a thought
                                     Bill

        oh - and make the auto-wind optional/keep manual wind-on ability!