If you want to see one of the Steadicam systems used for filming in the big
budget hollywood films rent the video of "Aliens" (the second of the Sigourney
Weaver Alien flicks). The machine gun platform that the marines use is a
Steadicam unit with a prop gun attached to it instead of a camera. May be the
only time one of those things wasused in a film as well as appearing *in* the
film!