On Fri, 23 Mar 2001, Alin Flaider wrote:

> SB> A new Pentax LX that is just like the old Pentax LX except with
> SB> added spot metering,
>
>    Shel, I'm afraid spot meter and off-the-film meter are two mutual
>    exclusive requirements...

Do you mean that as a joke, or are you serious?  How does Olympus do it
with the OM-4, then?  Obviously off-the-film metering would require a
metering pattern that fills the entire screen, but we should still be able
to use spot metering in manual mode, right?  I'm just guessing, though,
since I don't have an LX (yet) in my hands, so let me know if I'm totally
out ot lunch.  It won't be the first time.  :)

chris