Vic,

I will say that you are perhaps right in that Mac users "adore" their
machines.  Most PC users just think of computers as machines -
something to get their work done.  Doesn't it seem odd to you that
only 5-10% of the Micro marketplace can only see Macs as the only
machine for them?  Every encounter that I have had with Macs in my 25
years of software engineering has not proven their superiority - quite
often sadly lacking in software support from the industry as a whole - more
or less a niche oriented machine.  But just like a limited lens, you will
pay more for the same basic functionality.

I will place Macs in the same realm in their arena as Pentax is in the
camera arena.  Canon and Nikon have pretty much blown Pentax out in
the 35mm marketplace - they are trying and producing good products,
but struggle nonetheless.  Though once strong, through a series of bad
choices and decisions, they are no longer the powerhouse they once
were.  Boy this sounds just like Apple - I remember their glory days
before the IBM PC came out.  Through a series of bad decisions and
choices (litigation against cloners, etc) they are no longer the
powerhouse they once were.

--
Best regards,
Bruce