John Francis said:

> Pretty much exactly what I predicted would be the best we could hope for,
> back when the camera was first released.  I'm favourably impressed;  while
> it was apparent that these capabilities were technically feasible, I still
> thought that the hyper manual stop-down metering was too much to expect.

I find it interesting that they chose to address M-lens compatibility with
new firmware *first*, of all the other potential things they could have
done.

They could have, say, added flashing red blown highlights, which would
seem to be of value to a wider audience. It does seem that they realised
that a large number of (potential) *istD owners value their old lenses.

For me, the fact that they issued a firmware update at all makes me more
confident that they might issue a next one later, maybe adding blown
highlight indication then and histogram on instant review then.

But I also wanted M-lens compatibility *first* :-)

--
     ,_

This message was sent using MetroWEB's AirMail service.
http://www.metroweb.co.za/ - full access for only R59.
Free WebMail, Calendar, Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam, 10 emails
Phone Now!  086 11 11 440