Funny, but someone (or several folks) actually suggested the use of the
DOF feature for the use of M/K lenses.  I wonder if someone at Pentax
picked up on this, or if they had already thought to do this and had
simply rushed the camera to market before they could implement this
feature.

You know, with these fixes and at $1350 (B&H) this is a pretty nice
camera. <vbg>  I'm now deeply curious at the proposed "low end" Baby D.

Steven Desjardins
Department of Chemistry
Washington and Lee University
Lexington, VA 24450
(540) 458-8873
FAX: (540) 458-8878
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 01/09/04 03:58AM >>>
>
> Friends, we have improved K-mount compatability.
> Now, with the lens off "A", putting the camera into manual and
pressing the
> green button will give the "correct" shutter speed.
> EV comp im manual is a nice touch.
> The ist D camera just got a whole lot better.

Pretty much exactly what I predicted would be the best we could hope
for,
back when the camera was first released.  I'm favourably impressed;
while
it was apparent that these capabilities were technically feasible, I
still
thought that the hyper manual stop-down metering was too much to
expect.