On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, Steve Jolly wrote:

> Hmm, Jessops (UK) have it listed at £1199.00, which with the exchange
> rate currently at ~$1.80 to the pound isn't very funny...

We (UK) will never match US prices.

However, our mate from sunny Brighton gives you the grip as well for
the same price (bundle listed under Other Brands->Pentax Manual Focus
-> Miscellaneous Accessories, for some reason :-)

http://www.camera-direct.com/other.asp

Also, Park cameras offer it (w/o grip) at 1099.99.

http://www.parkcameras.com/

I also cannot see what you could lose if you haggled even with your
local Jessops.

> unlike the
> rather unfortunate "Jessops Code" for the camera:
> http://www.jessops.com/search/viewproduct.cfm?PRODUCT=PENISTD

That's a screamer... Never heard of a Turbo Diesel one. High torque,
low revs?

I will get my coat.

Kostas