On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, graywolf wrote:

> Interesting, Bluetooth (infrared wireless) never took off in the US. Oh
> the consumer devices are there, my cel-phone has it, but the devices it
> connects to have never been installed in most areas. It is now pretty
> much considered obsoleted by WiFi.

Hmmm... it sounds to me like you're mixing things up here. Bluetooth
is not infrared. It is a replacement for infrared; connecting your own
different devices faster then IR and without the line-of-sight limitation
of IR.

You don't need any installation in the area, like cell phone service and
WiFi. Bluetooth connects *your* PDA with *your* cell phone with *your*
wireless headset. Bluetooth does not connect your devices to any outside
network. So if all the consumer devices have it, it's only to start using
it.

anders
http://anders.hultman.nu/ << nu med dagens bild