Hi,

> Those were photos from Doc Edgerton's lab at MIT.
> They used some good size flash tubes, and
> I believe a microphone was used to trigger the flash.

> Polaroid film and open the shutter, fire the gun,
> which triggers the flash, and you see where the bullet is.
> Then, adjust the microphone closer or farther away from the gun,
> to get the bullet where you want it in the frame.

I'm speaking from a position of almost total ignorance here, but
surely a bullet is travelling 2 or 3 times faster than sound? Over the
short distances involved is it really possible to do this?

I would have thought a light or electric trigger would be better.
e.g. fit the trigger or the hammer of the gun with an electrical gizmo
to fire the flash.

--
Cheers,
 Bob