Hi,

> It's possible to get bullets that travel at subsonic velocity.  They
> make less noise..... Even supersonic ones are not that fast, I think.

700 mph is quite fast! The reason I thought about it was that one of
my friends has discovered rats in her garden. I toyed with the idea of
getting a .25 air rifle and shooting them. However, I figured that if
the pellets are subsonic then Roland would hear it before it hit him,
and would get out of the way.

Also, since the garden backs onto a tube line I didn't want someone
reporting a sniper, and finding myself stormed by the SAS.

>> I would have thought a light or electric trigger would be better.
>> e.g. fit the trigger or the hammer of the gun with an electrical gizmo
>> to fire the flash.

> I have heard of this type of trigger but it appears that most of the
> early experiments (and when someone's done this, who is going to do it
> again?  only crazy hobbyists 8-p) were done with acoustic triggers.

I'd have thought a fairly simple switch activated mechanically by the
movement of the trigger would be a lot easier.

--
Cheers,
 Bob