Hi,

Jostein wrote:

> If the boeing/moon is a double, it's well done. The light angle fits very
> well, and the plane is slightly blurred.
> But it seems almost too good to be true, though.

I've seen this happen at night, so all I could see were the contrails'
shadows behind a black jet shape.  The proportions are about right, from
memory.  If this is real and the light was as it appears, I have nothing
but admiration for the photographer.  Even as a composite, it is
excellent.

> Actually, I'm more suspicious about the authenticity northern pike picture.
> To my knowledge, the pike always takes its prey head first. Otherwise the
> prey would live longer and be able to put up much more struggle, and would
> be more difficult to swallow because of the fins and gills pointing the
> wrong way.

It behaves like me in a supermarket - in, grab and go - so it may not
always get hold of the prey in the way that it would like best.  In
addition, really small prey would be able to turn in the mouth as they
are often still alive.

mike