I couldn't quite see myself spending the money at this
point but I did lust after the sigma EX 120-300 2.8
(NA in PK mount). I ended up getting the sigma EX
70-200 2.8(and the vendor has agreed to swap for a
canon mount fortunately). I did find that quite a few
of the newer lenses were not available for pentax.
perhaps it's just a matter of time, but I suspect that
this will remain true for a while.
there is also the lack of image stabilization for
pentax lenses. Even the stabilized sigmas are not
available in Pentax mount.
But with all that said and given the rapid drop in ist
prices(can't stomach losing too much money on it), I
might end up keeping it as a *very* competent P&S :-)
as it is a very compact package with the 50/1.8 and
pass on my current P&S (a sony 707) to my brother.
Yousef