Interesting that this topic should come up when it did.  Last night I
purchased a Ricoh KR-5 Super II via ebay for my photography class at
college.  For $60 including shipping, with a Pentax 50mm f:2 m type lens I
didn't think I could go too far wrong.  The instructor does not insist on an
all manual camera, but strongly promotes them.  If we use more modern
equipment he request that it be set to all manual settings for the purpose
of our class.

I have found thus far that it is harder for me to use manual focus on
camera's without the split prism screen.  I find myself cheating way too
much with the other cameras as well.  I used to have a K1000 and a Sears
KSX, which was made by Ricoh.  I preferred the Ricoh over the Pentax since
it fit my hands better, thus my decision to get another Ricoh.  I think this
was one of the most recently made all manual cameras as well if I have my
information correct, thus hopefully giving me a newer, less problematic
body.  We also have a long section on night photography coming up, which
would burn up batteries like crazy on my electronic shutter bodies.

I have a question about FA and A lens used with this camera however.  Will I
do any damage to the lenses or extra electrical contacts and the autofocus
drives on them by using them with this camera?  Also I see in the charts
that this camera is listed as not having mirror lockup, but in forums about
astro photography they talk about it having this feature with the self
timer.  Does it have mirror lockup or not?  Any opinions about this camera
would be welcome.

Sorry if this post is too far off topic.

Dave