Hi, does Pentax use the ultrasound technology found in some Canon and Nikon lenses? I have a ZX-5n and I see that it uses a shaft (cannot find a better word) to achieve the auto-focus, IOW the motor is in the camera and there is a mechanical coupling between body and lens. This is not very quiet :(... I see there are a few other contact on the lens mount, so I wonder if other more expensive lenses got the ultrasound auto-focus motor. I only have a zoom 28-70 f/4 AL lens.

what about lenses where the front element does NOT rotate? using a polarizer filter with 28-70 f/4 is not fun. And BTW, while others seem to like the optical quality of this lens, I see very few that actually mention the poor mechanical build.