Hi,

Shel Belinkoff wrote:

[...]

> SURVEY:  How many list members make 11x14 or larger B&W prints,
> and how often?

[...]

I never make my own prints any more, and I've had very few made for me
over recent years. But last year I had 3 made that are 18x12". They're
from Kodachrome 64 slides, 1 shot with the A*135/1.8 and 2 with the A
70-210/4, all in fairly low light. Strangely enough the one from the
135/1.8 shows the blobbiest resolution, but I suspect this may be a
result of the printing rather than the slide itself - the prints are
not very good.

When I project the slides I usually do it to about 1 metre on the long
edge and the pix are extremely clear and sharp. Normally I project
with a Kodak zoom lens, and so far have always been satisfied with
what it shows me. However last week I saw some of my slides projected
to about 1.5 metres on the long edge through a Leica fixed length lens.
O_h__m_y__G_o_d_! Fantastic. I had no idea it could be so much better.

So whatever other factors contribute to sharpness, resolution or
whatever properties are of interest, we should also consider the
enlarger/projector lens.

--
Cheers,
Bob