At 06:30 AM 3/29/01 -0500, Paul Stenquist wrote:

Great pics. I'm no expert, but I do have a few thoughts on what I saw. I
think the odd bokeh on the shot of the cardinal is actually lens flare.
Ditto on the Blue Heron (who I recognize :-). The overly detailed bokeh
on the grass shots look like it might just be the result of a fairly
small ap. Speaking of our friend the Heron, we ought to do a Michigan
PDML photo hike when the weather warms up a bit.

Hi Paul -

I think you took almost the exact same shot (sans ugly bokeh) that day!  As for the cardinal shot - the sun was directly behind me when that was taken, so I doubt flare was the cause of that. I have a TC-6 2x and I might do some comparisons of that with the 2x-L.

We should for a Michigan expedition again - now that the snow is nearly gone its getting to be time!

- MCC

Mark Cassino
Kalamazoo, MI
[EMAIL PROTECTED]