At 02:15 PM 3/29/01 +1000, Rob Studdert wrote:

What a great post, a picture is worth a thousand words. "Jay Ablaze" has to
be one of my favs on your site, any idea where the aperture was set for the
image "Great Blue Heron"?

I'm pretty sure that was shot wide open. It was a hot summer day and we got to the heron around noon. Though the sun was shining the humidity was typical "hazy hot & humid" summer weather and even wide open I was not getting the shutter speed I was hoping for.  But I shoot a lot of wide open shots with this setup and don't get the same problem.

BTW my 2X-L screws were also quite loose.

I was shocked at how wobbly my rig was before I tightened the screws. I just discovered that when cleaning things up a couple of weeks ago - I'll be interested to see if it makes a difference.

- MCC

Mark Cassino
Kalamazoo, MI
[EMAIL PROTECTED]