On 20 Feb 2004 at 9:46, frank theriault wrote:

> Surreal!

No it was real :-)

> Beautiful!

Thanks, sometimes snapshots turn out to be a little bit more.

> Was it really taken at 1/4 sec?  I'm guessing you had no room for a tripod where
> you were.  How'd you get the buildings in the background so sharp if it was
> handheld?  Or are you just that steady.

I'm just steady and it was shot whilst I was seated :-) You can see on my left
my blurry friend who happened to bend down to retrieve something from her bag
just as I hit the shutter. Given that the seats were all linked was surprised
at the sharpness myself. The focal plane was placed at the near waters edge so
this gave me good sharpness in the B/G and a reasonable DOF in the F/G
considering the wide aperture. I made a strip crop of the full res image so you
can form a realistic appreciation of the DOF/Focus/shake across the image:

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~audiob/temp/imgp1792crop.jpg

I just set up my PDML PAW folder at Photo.net all my subsequent submissions:

http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=377892

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998