before the shitty Taurus I now own I had a 308 VN Commodore and took it to 200kph (which is probably similar to 130mph) before I chickened out. Wasn't another car on the road though. Not in the same class as the Shelby of course. I've been in a VW Golf GTI thats speedo was in MPH up to 135mph, now that was scary even though it was on the empty Western Australian roads. I like a bit of metal around me at those speeds.

Alan

Cotty wrote:

On 22/2/04, KENNETH WALLER THE GOD disgorged:

About a hundred years ago (it only seems like that ) I had a 59 Bugeye
w/hardtop in BRG for my last two years in a commuting college - what a
treat. I got a fulltime job and stepped into the real world and bought a
brand new 1966 Shelby GT 350 - talk about shock, that shelby could go faster
in second gear than the Bugeye could do in forth. On my way to my new job,
on the Ohio Turnpike I was able to get the 350 up to an indicated 130+ mph.

Master! I am not worthy (etc......

Did you try the 100 dollar bill on the windscreen trick?

Cheers, Cotty

___/\__ || (O) | People, Places, Pastiche ||=====| www.macads.co.uk/snaps _____________________________ Free UK Mac Ads www.macads.co.uk