"Kenneth Waller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I see this has now morphed into the fastest I've ever gone in a car.
>My personal best was in a 1966 (?) Jaguar XKE coupe, returning from Mosport
>to Detroit on the 401. It was early morning, no one on the road & that car
>cruised at an indicated 140 to 150 IIRC. Don't know if that was the top end
>of that machine but I was impressed by the feeling of electric power - no
>rush, just a steady push.

My personal public road speed record is about 140 mph in Interstate 390
in upstate NY. I  wasn't worried about the police - they were all around
me. I was out riding with a bunch of off-duty State Police officers on
fast bikes. (One of them had a Suzuki GSXR 1100 with a Yosh pipe, Kehin
flat-slide carbs *and* a nitrous bottle!) It was pretty scary because
none of them could ride worth a damn. I backed off and let them go
(though my Honda VFR was pretty much topped out at that speed) because
they were making me nervous.

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing