[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>Terrible, IMO ...cropped too much, the photo loses some of
the context.  Try saving most of the background from the
original, and lose the area to the right with your shadow.
IIRC, that's waht I was going to suggest earlier.

frank theriault wrote:

> So, pursuant to one of Boris' suggestions, I've cropped it:

> Anyone have any thoughts on it?  Better, worse, pretty much the same?

I got to agree with shel, frank, even though my memory of the original isn't
as clear now.

But my initial reaction was negative, that it was cropped too close to the
top of their heads. Which is why I wanted to resee the original to see if it
could be cropped less (or not cropped at all). They now seem sort of squeezed in
the frame and also by losing snow some of the some of the coldness is lost.
The coldness explained before the wrapping up of the dog.

And the snow in the background gave the picture depth and now it seems
flatter -- less three dimensional and more two dimensional.

But those comments are based on my memory and not on a side by side
comparison.

HTH, Marnie aka Doe ;-)