Hi Bruce ...

It's one of those likable, "too cute" pics ;-))

The crop is too tight.  Loses all context.  It becomes just
some happy looking kid staring into space, perhaps a Ritalin
advertisement <LOL>  Lose the guy in jeans and keep the
little girl peeking around her daddy's legs.  Then you have
a relationship going, and the photo becomes alive.  I just
did a real QuikCrop <LOL>, trimmed a bit off the top, too.
See what your think:

http://home.earthlink.net/~digisnaps/bruce-son.jpg

shel