This seems to be a relative problem I've had with Kodak Gold in those
days.  When faced with bright sun on the grass, it really has problems
with color - basically I hate that film and never use it anymore (of
course, I don't use that much film anymore either).  If you shift the
color much for the grass the skin tones and white shirt just don't cut
it.