That was just newspaper reports. She was never guilty of insider traiding and could not be so tried. She is however guilty of obstruction of justice and falsifying
records. This and related crimes were what she was found guilty of. The case she obstructed was against the chairman of Imclone for insider trading.

Andrew Robinson wrote:

Actually, no she was not. She was originally investigated for insider trading for selling her shares of, I think, Imclone when she heard the owner was dumping his. She was never charged or tried for this. What she was charged with was lying to federal agents during the investigation. She was also charged with fraud in a very novel way. Federal prosecutors claimed that by proclaiming her innocence, she was trying to prop up the stock price of her own company. The judge threw out the fraud charge for lack of evidence. Martha was convicted on the "lying" charges.

I'm no big fan of Martha Steward. However, charging her with lying when the feds could not make the original charges stick smacks of vindictiveness to me.

Well, that's $0.02 times a few...

Andrew Robinson

Shel Belinkoff wrote:

She was convicted on the stock fraud charges for which she'd
been on trial.

"Dr. Shaun Canning" wrote:

What happened to Martha Stewart?

Cheers