On 13 Mar 2004 at 17:49, Mishka wrote:

> Rob Studdert wrote:
> > I believe that 14MP 35mm full frame image sensors when mature, will deliver
> > quality that rivals all but the best films used under optimal taking
> > conditions. After which point there isn't much point forging to higher pixel
> > densities.
>
> and why exactly there isn't much point? is it because 35mm quality is
> all anyone would ever need? like 640K of RAM? :)

We were talking 35mm format. So what would be the advantage of providing more
than 14MP density on a 35mm frame? You know that drawing an analogy to RAM
capacities is entirely inappropriate in this case.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998