----- Original Message -----
From: "Mishka"
Subject: Re: ye olde film v D debate, a bit long

> you are entitled to your opinion of course.
> for the rest of the world, a real world test vs USAF
> http://www.hevanet.com/cperez/test/fourcameras.html

Yup. I would have left out the USAF chart myself, but he seems to
have done a good real world test.

> btw, in my original post i haven't even mentioned either
> "contrast" or "USAF". and, for discussion of digital sensors,
> resolution on film is absolutely irrelevant.

You can't separate subject contrast from the mix and claim to have an
accurate result, unless you are totally uncredible.

"From: "Mishka"

> finest lens resolve far more than that.
> even on film."

I was responding to your post on the subject. I hadn't noticed that
you had introduced an irrelevancy.

William Robb