I seriously doubt we will see a $3000+ Pentax, especially one that goes
after the 35 mm market.  I think we'll see 24x36 sensors when the price
drops below $2000.

Steven Desjardins
Department of Chemistry
Washington and Lee University
Lexington, VA 24450
(540) 458-8873
FAX: (540) 458-8878
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

on 16.03.04 16:28, Rob Studdert at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> It doesn't provide full frame coverage, it has no aperture ring, it's
good
> only
> for one digital camera, hopefully won't work properly on the next (if
we are
> blessed).
I don't think Pentax would stop development of APS sized CCD cameras.
There
could be probably FF cameras, but they would be simple high-end DSLRs.
It
would rather be like that:
1. sub 1000$ baby-D with APS sized CCD
2. *istD (and/or its successor) ~1300$
3. papa-D with 11 or more MPix CCD costing 3000$ or higher
Now guess which size of CCD would be more popular??? I guess #1 and #2
would
sell in quantities of 10 or more times than #3. That's reality.

--
Best Regards
Sylwek